Monday, March 9, 2009

6 months and a wake up and whole lot of vaccinations


Wow an update that doesn't include IDOL!!

6 months from now I begin my education at the U of C to get my Bachelors of Nursing (BN).

Thankfully I'm getting credit from my undergrad, Chiropractic and Massage Therapy education and am entering my 3rd year of Nursing school. I'll be graduating in less then 2 years baby!! April 2011!!! WOOT!!

In the mean time, before I can participate in my clinical practicums I need to have some important vaccinations updated.

Things I'm good for but need to obtain official records.

-Varicella-zoster (Chicken Pox) : Contracted as a child

- Poliomyelitis : Childhood immunization at school

Things I need a booster for:

- Tetanus/Diptheria (Td)

Things I need to be tested for (mandatory for all Nursing students)

- Tuberculosis (TB) : Mantoux test performed during within 1 year of entering program

Vaccine series I need to get or redo (because it was too long between timed doses)

- Hepatitis B (Hep B): 3 doses (0, 1, 6 months)
- Measles, Mumps, Rubella (MMR) : I'm actually unsure of my vaccination Hx here and need to find out.

Let the good times roll!!

1 comment:

  1. wOOt!! Good for you Pete! Definitely keep posting updates here as you go through the program! One of these days I swear I'm gonna get up to Canada and visit you!

    ReplyDelete