Wednesday, March 18, 2009

The madness that March brings


I've never been one to sit on the couch and watch sports all day, or even pay much attention to sport competition until it means something (from a casual, fair weather TV fan's perspective).

The Olympics, Euro, World Cup, Champ League, Tour de France, Stanley Cup finals, Masters etc etc etc... are all great examples of when my interest is perked and my ass is planted in front of my HDTV.

Notice that I didn't mention the World Series... ug.. baseball.. I would rather watch paint dry.. but I digress.

As there is one more year until the Winter Olympics, this past February was pretty hum drum far as sporting events are concerned. We had the Super Bowl on Feb 1st but not much since.

Enter March and the madness that ensues when the NCAA tournament begins!!! This is almost a right of passage. Every year at this time 2 things happen. One - Spring arrives. and two - the madness begins!!

I won't pretend to be a NCAA basketball fan because I am not. I am a casual sports fan who enjoys experiencing the "big" games when it's all on the line!!.... who then returns to a quiet "normal" existence. hehe

With that in mind, I present my Final 4 picks, based mostly in part on my favourite teams over the years and nothing to do if they actually have a shot at winning LOL.


Go Zags!!!


1 comment:

  1. Pete...no baseball?? I'd watch baseball over a basketball game any day.

    ReplyDelete